October 5, 2014

Our Newest Addition

We're expecting! Here I am showing off my growing belly (taken today) at sixteen weeks. Due date is March 23!
New things are always happening around here. We are always changing something whether it's the way the land looks, completing a new project, or remodeling the inside of either of our houses. Just in the last four months, we've seen friends and family get married, and had some new additions (one nephew and another on the way).

The results.
The biggest change for Walter and I happened came through a simple test on July 25. We found out we had our own little one on the way.  We still had our doubts despite taking two tests. So, we packed up and flew out to Hawaii. About the second day into the trip, I hated every food on the island and had to nap for a couple hours daily. Not exactly the Hawaiian adventure I had in mind.

The plane ride back and the weeks afterward I couldn't think about Hawaii. I didn't want to see the pictures. I didn't want to tell people how the trip went. I didn't even want Walter to wear his souvenir shirt. In fact, he had to pack all of our clothes into the closet and hide them from my sight because I would gag if I caught even a glimpse of the string of my bathing suit.

I'd always loved trying different foods, but the only food I wanted was the most plain, boring foods. (I told Walter I was eating like him.) I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything but sleep. Yet, life had to go on. Despite the all day nausea, I was excited and happy because I knew I was going to have a baby.

Our baby.
I went for my first ultrasound at eight weeks. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. That's when things got real. Sure, I had the symptoms, but I'd been sick and tired lots of times in my life. We listened to the baby's heartbeat for a few seconds and the nurse proceeded to describe what I saw because I really couldn't tell what was what. For a few days afterward, I affectionately referred to our baby as "our little blob." We only told very few people at first, but before we knew it, it felt like everyone knew.
My first gift to my baby. I drew and water colored a Winnie
the Pooh picture. Then, painted the frame with chalk paint.
The quote says, "Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So
today is my new favorite day."

Now, I'm in my second trimester. I'm feeling much better (I like food again). None of my pants fit in the waist and my tops are a lot more snug. It's sometimes hard to remember that getting bigger is a good thing. (Just not too big!) Tomorrow makes four months.

This Friday, we might get to find out if we are having a little Miss Jess or a Walt Jr. We don't have a pick. We just pray every day for a healthy baby. This baby is what we think about  daily and is already loved more than he or she could ever know.

So, what do you predict? A boy or a girl?

2 comments :

  1. And the blessings just keep rolling in! So happy for you guys (and us guys, too! lol!!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been receiving your post feeds on my blog ~ thought of you and wanting to check in...Oh wow happy for you all Jessica congrats. GIRL!

    ReplyDelete