July 1, 2014

Birthday

My brother Luke and I are two years and a week apart, so we usually celebrate our birthdays together.

So, we celebrated in Lexington the weekend of my birthday which also happens to be Father's day weekend at a restaurant called Bella Notte.

After we ate, Walter stopped at Best Buy and had me look at camera bags. I picked out a small one at first. He told me to think about my lenses, too. I responded with, "Um. I only have one extra lens... so..."

This comment caused him to have to give in and tell me that he and my parents were going to surprise me with a new camera (Nikon D7100) and a new lens (35mm prime lens). I was so happy I almost cried right there in Best Buy. Luckily, a worker came over to interrupt. So, I've now retired my Nikon D40.

Big upgrade.

Dad, Mammaw, and I went shopping at our local Vendor's Mall and I got a few items for my b-day there as well:
I bought this myself, but it was too retro to pass up.

Mammaw bought me this cute blue tinted mason jar.
 Walter also ordered two canvases made from some photos I took of our beautiful home. They turned out pretty good.


The following weekend, I got to take some pictures with it on Luke's birthday weekend. (Yes, we had celebrated it already, but we didn't have cake then.)

I made him a Reese's peanut butter ice cream cake. The recipe was for snickers, but all I did was change out the candy.



It was a fun time with the family. (We had planned to take more than just one photo, but it stormed for too long.)
Taking a family photo with my new camera. Tripods are great.

Nana, Pappy, and Evangeline

1 comment :

  1. The good part about your and Luke's birthdays being so close is when we get to spread it all out over two weeks! Excellent post, as always. Looooooooove thos pics!!

    ReplyDelete