June 30, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This is my first garden. I've helped work in other peoples gardens, helped weed a their garden, helped pick their produce, and I've definitely helped eat their garden produce, but I've never grown my own.

So this has been a fun and rewarding experience. The rain has been plentiful and things are beginning to mature.

So here's a peek at what's growing:

Tomatoes. They are small, but are ready for support.

 Peppers (red, green, and purple). They aren't pictured since no fruit is growing yet.


Zinnia's to aid with the tomato growth. I read about it online after this season, I'll see how much they contribute.

Cucumbers. They grew faster than any plant I planted. You can tell from the original marker, I had planted carrots. Unfortunately, they never would grow. Maybe next year.

Watermelon.  I started my watermelon and some other sunflower plants indoors. I must've not given them enough time to grow because many of them died when I transferred them. Also, some critter dug up all of the  ones that were surviving except this one water melon vine. I am praying that this one not only survives, but thrives.



Broccoli. The broccoli is a lot larger than it appears in the pictures. Yet, no stalks and flowers are there yet.

Sweet Corn.  Still kind of short, I don't know if it will get any taller. It might be too cramped.

 Leaf Lettuce. This is ready to harvest. Supposedly, if I cut just leaves off new ones will grow back, so if anyone is needing some lettuce, let me know because a lot of it needs harvested.


My garden has weeds, please don't judge me. :) I am not BH&G ready by any means. Part of that, (yeah, I have excuses ready) is I planted some nasturtium and alyssum as companion plants, and waited before I weeded. After a week or two, I just started weeding it out because it didn't look as if it was going to grow. I left a few seedlings I thought might be those flowers.

Well, I'd better go because these pictures are making me hungry.

No comments :

Post a Comment